Advanced Soccer Crossing Drill - Online Soccer Academy
Free Soccer Training video focused on Advanced Soccer Crossing Drill. At Online Soccer Academy (OSA) we make BETTER Soccer Players / Football Players through FREE soccer tutorials. We inspire athletes that if you Believe in it® and back that up with hard work, anything in life is possible.
This Video Covers:
Soccer Crossing - Crossing a Soccer Ball - Soccer Attacking Drills - Soccer Passing Drills - Soccer Passing - Soccer Pass - Soccer Drills for Passing - Soccer Video Passing Drills
Advanced Soccer Crossing Drill
The timing of when you cross a ball is very important. If you wait to long your teammates will have miss timed their runs and we don't want that!
You will need a few balls, a goal, a partner and a lot of cones of two different colors. If you don't have a lot of the equipment then make due the best you can with what you have.
1. Cross the ball early! Once you accelerate past your defender get your head up, see the space and cross the ball into it. Most players take a 2nd or 3rd touch here prior to crossing. This causes the space between the defenders and the goalie to decrease giving your forwards less space to run into. This decreases the chances of you getting an assist and your team scoring.
2. Cross the ball on the ground or in air but have bend on it. By making it bend it keeps the ball from going straight at the goalie.
3. Cross the ball behind defenders. We want defenders chasing your forwards! When a defender is chasing a forward towards their own goal that is not a position they want to be in. If you cross the ball in front of the defenders when they are goal side on your forward it's more easy for them to defend and run on to it.
4. A forward running onto a ball has a better chance of scoring because they have momentum behind them. If you play the ball behind the forward and they have to back up for it, they won't have forward momentum and this causes them to not get a shot off with power.
With your partner have one of you be forward and one of you be the crosser. Do 5-10 reps then switch with your partner. Repeat and do this unit you feel you are mastering it. If you don't have a partner then be the crosser and just imagine you have forwards running into space. Do the best you can with what you have around.
What Player Could Be Doing Wrong:
Some things that could be going wrong. If the ball you are crossing is going towards the goalie then you are not curving it. Make sure to bend the ball when crossing.
If you are playing your cross behind your forwards then you are trying to cross the ball to them. Don't cross the ball to the forwards at their feet, cross the ball into the space in front of them and let them run on to it.
There are many different times during a game on when to cross it. This is just one time and one idea. Don't think this is the only time to cross the ball in a game. Do what the game shows you. If it's on to cross early, cross early. If your forwards aren't in position then take another touch. You make the choice when you are on the field.
This Video Covers:
Soccer Crossing - Crossing a Soccer Ball - Soccer Attacking Drills - Soccer Passing Drills
- Soccer Passing - Soccer Pass - Soccer Drills for Passing - Soccer Video Passing Drills